Fencing and Planting Coordinator (part time)
Our Vision at The Forest Bridge Trust is to create a connected landscape with healthy forest and flourishing indigenous wildlife from the Kaipara Harbour to the Pacific Coast.
Our area of interest extends from just above Wellsford and Te Arai in the north, to Waiwera and Kaukapakapa in the south – an area of 130,000 hectares encompassing both rural and residential Rodney.
Mō mātou / About us
TFBT is a not-for-profit organisation. Since our establishment in 2015 we have grown to a current team of 25 staff members, plus additional contractors and volunteers who support our predator control, community engagement, education and riparian fencing and planting work.
We are funded by a variety of government and philanthropic grants, alongside support from private donations and local business.
Tēnei tūranga / About the role
This role at TFBT, working under our partnership with the Kaipara Moana Remediation (KMR) will engage and support landowners to develop Sediment Reduction Plans that identify priorities for remediation activity, with the purpose of reducing the flow of sediment into the Kaipara Harbour.
There are 2 roles in our current Fencing and Riparian Planting team, and this part-time coordinator role will lead and supervise the team and work planning.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako / Skills and experience
- Experience in leading fencing and /or planting projects on NZ’s rural properties
- Leadership and project management skills in planning and co-ordinating resources, motivating others, and demonstrating sound forward vision
- Good knowledge of best practise Health and Safety principles and disciplines
- Proven written reporting skills
- A good level of computer literacy, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SharePoint and ArcGIS would be an advantage
He Kōrero Mō / What We Are Looking For
- Strategic thinker with the ability to implement effectively and efficiently
- An eye for detail and quality control
- Strong communication skills across a wide range of personalities
- Articulate and politically savvy
To apply or for further information please contact email@example.com.
Applications close 28th October 2022.