ArcGIS & Data Team Lead (Part-Time)
Our Vision at The Forest Bridge Trust is to create a connected landscape with healthy forest and flourishing indigenous wildlife from the Kaipara Harbour to the Pacific Coast.
Our area of interest extends from coast to coast from just above Wellsford and Te Arai in the north, to Waiwera in the south, encompassing both rural and residential Rodney.
Mō mātou / About us
TFBT is a not-for-profit organisation. Since our establishment in 2015 we have grown to a current team of 25 staff members, plus additional contractors and volunteers who support our predator control, community engagement, education and riparian fencing and planting work. We are funded by a variety of government and philanthropic grants, alongside support from private donations and local business.
Tēnei tūranga / About the role
This role at TFBT, provides critical ArcGIS information directly to our teams and senior managers, informing our work plans, and reporting on work already underway. Our core system is in place although we have aspirations to implement more ArcGIS functionality over the coming year.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako / Skills and experience
- Experience in leading ArcGIS development
- Ability to produce accurate ArcGIS maps and data as requested
- Understanding of the ecological / predator control issues which inform our ArcGIS mapping
- Ability to harness the narrative potential of maps to assist us promote our story
- Experience and or proven ability to support and line manage team colleagues
He Kōrero Mō / What We Are Looking For
- Someone who can be involved locally, join team meetings and get to know our rohe
- An eye for detail, accuracy and quality control
- A passion for conservation and enhancing biodiversity
- A responsive and helpful communication style
- Someone who truly embodies our core values: Respect, Empathy and Integrity
To apply or for further information please email Anne Ginders for an Application Form, at email@example.com.
Applications close 16th December 2022.