Predator Control Community Trapline Support
Based at Omaha Flats, with travel within our work area as required
Our Vision at The Forest Bridge Trust is to create a connected landscape with healthy forest and flourishing indigenous wildlife from the Kaipara Harbour to the Pacific Coast.
Tēnei tūranga / About the role
This new role at TFBT combines working as a team member of our predator control team to extend and maintain our operations but also taking a key role alongside our Volunteer Programme Coordinator to support of our growing number of volunteer-maintained traplines in the area. In addition to participation in our general predator control operations, this role will provide training to upskill and support active volunteers to ensure safe and professional practice.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako / Skills and experience
- Experience in trapping / predator control
- A good level of computer and communication skills
- Experience or ability to train volunteers in safe use of traps and trapline auditing (training provided)
- A good level of physical fitness
He Kōrero Mō / What We Are Looking For
- Someone who can be our bridge between the TFBT predator control team and our Volunteer Programme Coordinator
- Excellent personal communication skills, with a friendly and helpful approach
- Ability to be flexible with work hours and work occasional evenings or during weekends to meet and train volunteers
Please contact Anne for a Job Description / Application Form on email@example.com.
Applications close 24th April 2023